Thursday, April 23, 2009

Gavin's Love Affair


InTouch has an exclusive story about Gavin Rossdale's 1980's love affair with a man called Marilyn.

"Though Boy George broke the news of Gavin, 43, and Marilyn’s tumultuous
romance in his 1995 book, Take It Like a Man, Gavin denied it, stating, “I
wasn’t dating Marilyn. We were, and still are, good friends.” At the time,
Marilyn denied the affair, as well. But today he says he did it only because
Gavin asked him to. “He was just becoming successful in America,” Marilyn
explains. “I agreed to lie against every grain of my being.” Now, Marilyn wants
to set the record straight. In an exclusive interview with In Touch, the British
pop icon details the love affair that spanned the early ’80s. “We were together
five years,” Marilyn says. “But it felt like 40.”
Gavin is still denying the story (through his rep).
I was obsessed with Gavin/Bush X/Bush in the 90's, it's a wonder I've never heard about this before, not even the Boy George exposing it thing.
I don't see the problem with it really, I mean he's been in a seemingly happy relationship with Gwen for 13 years now and they have two kids. Does anyone really care that he once loved a man? I would say the bigger issue here is that metal shirt he's wearing, not good Gavin.

9 comments:

eva said...

my thoughts exactly - well put!

d said...

he looked like cheatley - it's tripping me out!!!

i don't really care, but i don't understand how you can date both sexes - are you gay or straight?? if i married a man and then found out he dated a dude for five years i'd be a little worried that he;s going to leave my ass for a man when we are done having children.

K said...

I had heard this before but ignored due to the fact both parties shot it down......Maybe Marilyn needs a little cash now. Who knows but also.....who cares? It's the past and the boy couldn't write a decent song now if he tried.....and he has tried. Painfully

hooper said...

Very creepy picture.

hoop said...

Hey maybe Gwen takes it up the poop shoot!

d said...

LOLOLOL @ hoop's comment!

jana said...

Ok is that Marilyn in the pic and what's with Gavin's hair?
and Bud the guy is too cute to worry about whether he can write a song or not....

K said...

BAH! Talent is talent JD.....I'm not going to say much about this because I know you understand. If it were all based on looks we would ever have seen Bob Dylan, Kieth Richards (sorry Dhoop)but the guy looks like he is 237 years old or Billy Corgan...we would just have a bunch of Spears/aguileras running around singing about having thier heart broken at the age of 16.

hoop said...

K...Don't talk about my boyfriend like that. His face is like a beautiful map of his life. Anyway, you haven't seen him naked like I have.

I saw "The Last Waltz" last night...now there is some talent. Did I ever thank you for Robbie Robinson? Thanks. I hope that you have seen this doc.