Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Beat Goes On


So where did we last leave off in the Tori vs Candy saga? Right! Candy gave and interview saying she never sees her daughter and that she's never met her new granddaughter.

Well, Tori responded to that with this (to People Mag):

"It's not like we're not talking, we just haven't talked.I love my
mother. I've always loved her [and] no doubt she loves me. There's no feud. We
simply never meshed."


As for what happened between them, Tori, 35, simply says, "My mother is
who she is. I've become who I am. At some point I realized those two just didn't
go together."


"She knows how to reach me, she knows where we live. If she would love
to see her grandchildren, she should really make an effort to reach out and see
them."



So Candy responded on her website:

Dear Tori:

You haven’t responded to my emails, phone calls and text
messages. You say you look at my website, so I’m trying to reach you that way. I
want to see you and your family – in private, like the ‘normal family’ you say
always wanted


With your book coming out [Tuesday], the war of words will
escalate. That’s not what I want. I want us to be a family.


My fax machine was burning up over the weekend with well-meaning
people sending me excerpts of your new book. You write that you don’t want to
feel like you kept me apart from your children. You write: ‘I would love to have
a relationship with her… But I haven’t stepped up to make that
happen.’


Well, I’m stepping up. Call me, write me, text me.

I’m a mother who, like every mother, wants communication and a
great relationship with you, my daughter, and your family. I’d love to work it
out the way all families try to resolve issues. In private. But, as I wrote in a
my book, I was a celebrity by marriage, then a celebrity by motherhood. That
means that my life is public. I’m used to it. It comes with the
territory.

What makes it so difficult is to hear you say things like: I’d like to
call my mother, or I love my mother but don’t speak to her, or I think she has
my nanny’s phone number. I don’t want a reunion via talk show or to speak
through the press. I want a relationship with you and my
grandchildren.

I am hopeful.
Love,
Mom.


Who the hell writes an open letter to their daughter and posts it on the internet!?! It's fabulous!

No word on Tori's next move quite yet but you can be sure it will all be documented in some new reality show. Sit tight.

For now enjoy the vintage shot of Candy and Tori, pre botox and nose jobs.


2 comments:

jana said...

I love these healthy mother/daughter hollywood relationships....

hooper said...

Yikes, that child would be a hard one to love.

Both are crazy.