Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Driving Home


Brook Shields recently talked about a run in she had with her house.
I really did drive into my house. I was wearing these fabulous sort of kick-ass platform patent leather [heels],”
“I slowed down to what I thought was a proper speed. … I went to go put my foot on the brake, and I couldn’t get my foot off the gas because the wedge was completely wedged under.”
“I slammed on what I thought was the brake, and it actually was the gas!” A pillar ended up damaged. “I was fine,” says Shields. “The pillar, of course, was removed – at which point I was like, we didn’t really need that, that’s just in the way.”
I could totally make fun of her but really I did this while I was learning how to drive. It wasn't into a house but a lawn and I wasn't even wearing heels...more like runners.
What's my excuse?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your teacher!

JEWELS said...

SNAP!

Guess who that was?????????

Anonymous said...

Me arse the teacher!!!

Hit the break Julie....Julie the break...the break....Nope I'll just hit the gas a little harder and park on the lawn....there's more room there.

Firgin Eejit!!

Anonymous said...

LMGDAO!! I so hoped it was K that was your teacher!
I think it's pretty common Julie - I did it going through a traffic light, it was yellow, the teacher kept saying "break, break" but all I heard was "gas gas" so I basically went through a red.
DAMN THAT TEACHER!!! ;)

JEWELS said...

LMGDAO!

Anonymous said...

Well then there it is.....it must be common if both you and Melissa did it I guess....... One is vertical and the other is horizontal......How do they get mixed up????