Monday, September 24, 2007

Dane Cook Talks To Us Mag


Stand up comic/Actor Dane Cook is doing his promotion thing for his newest movie with Jessica Alba Good Luck Chuck. He's also currently filming a romantic comedy with Kate Hudson entitled Bachelor Number 2.
Us: In your new flick, you star as a guy who finds that each woman he sleeps with ends up marrying the next man who comes along. Jessica Alba stars as your main love interest, which must have been nice.
Dane Cook: It’s rare to find somebody who has that natural, innate communicability, and, at the same time, is beautiful inside and out. It’s just thrilling and I had that experience with Alba. She’s got quite the sense of humor, that one.
Us: Did she try to one-up you at all?
DC: It wasn’t even one-upping. Before they even called action, we were already giddy, getting into character and being playful. I come from an improv background, and she hung with me through everything, to the point where she was even catching me off-guard. She can definitely hang, but big, big brat! [pauses] That’s for saying kissing me is like kissing a dummy!
Us: In the age-old debate over whether actresses can be both funny and sexy, how does Jessica rate?
DC: Alba came to set and was like, ‘I don’t really care about how this makes me look or how I’m perceived. Let’s just do what’s going to get us the laughs at the end of the day.’ I enjoy the day much more when I’m with somebody who is willing to go for it like she is.
Us: How is it shooting Bachelor Number 2 with Kate Hudson?
DC: We know Kate is an international star, but she’s also the real deal. I’ve been filming with her for a month now and even though we have a month left, I’m already kind of looking at the clock saying, ‘Gosh, can we write a couple more scenes in?’ She’s really tremendous and I really respect her professionalism, the way she brings her A-game to set no matter what’s going on outside the set and she is just damn funny. I’m a lucky guy.
Us: Any chance you’ll get back into comedy clubs again soon?
DC: Comedy is always going to be my first love. I have a massive tour that I’ll be announcing officially in the coming days and a new CD coming out November 13. I have a new hour of material ready to go but there’s going to be a couple of classic Cook cuts in there. I always like to take my time with anything I do. I want it to be important to me and it’s crucial that it’s important to my fans.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jewels, can't wait for the tour!