Monday, May 14, 2007

My Newest Obsession


Amy Winehouse is old news in the Internet buzz world but to me she's new, and I want more.
She's a British Jazz/Blues singer who's album "Back to Black" is critically acclaimed and is attracting major attention on this side of the pond. Click here to check out some interviews and videos. Her music is different and a breath of resh air in the land of Beyonces and Rihanas.
She has a raw voice dripping with soul and for her latest album took her sound back to the girl groups of the 50's and 60's.
What made me so interested in Ms. Winehouse? Unfortunately not her talent, my interest in that came later. I just saw my first interview with her on MTV. It was a disaster, one of the most painful things I have ever seen.
Prepare to see more of Amy Winehouse on WHATEVAH!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have no idea who this chicky is

Anonymous said...

She's attractive isn't she. I heard the music last night though and you're right Jewels, it was right down my alley

JEWELS said...

Her look doesn't match her voice, it's such a throwback...