Thursday, December 27, 2007

Hilter Was Will's Homie


Will Smith was told a Scottish Newspaper that he believes there's good in everyone.
"Even Hitler didn't wake up going, 'Let me do the most evil thing I can do today.' ... I think he woke up in the morning and using a twisted, backwards logic, he set out to do what he thought was 'good.'"
The Jewish Defence League was outraged and claimed Will's words
"spit on the memory of every person murdered by the Nazis. His disgusting words stick a knife in the backs of every veteran who fought (and sometimes died) to save the world from the intentions of Adolf Hitler."
Will has now released a statement claiming his words were misconstrued.
"It is an awful and disgusting lie. It speaks to the dangerous power of an ignorant person with a pen. I am incensed and infuriated to have to respond to such ludicrous misinterpretation. Adolph Hitler was a vile, heinous, vicious killer responsible for one of the greatest acts of evil committed on this planet."
Obviously this was completely overblown. I understand what he was originally trying to say, you know that we all have good in us and some are just messed up.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with what he was originally saying as well, but it is amazing how ppl can twist the words of others to make them out to be evil

Anonymous said...

I hear you J-dog. I agree completley.

Anonymous said...

Ah-I see how it's enlightening in terms of Will's views-I can also see how someone who may have lost a family member to the Nazi'a would take offence too