Friday, September 12, 2008

America Speaks


America Ferrera is on the cover of Octobers's Seventeen Magazine and something tells me she's not glued to her Tele Monday and Tuesday nights.
America on why she refuses to watch shows like The Hills and Beverly
Hills 90210:
“Close, genuine female relationships are not what generally gets depicted in movies and TV shows. Like, if you’re watching The Hills or 90210, all the backstabbing shapes the way we act – you go to school, and you think your job is to find a sworn enemy and be jealous of each other. I mean, I love Blake [Lively, her Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants co-star]; she’s a wonderful friend of mine, but shows like Gossip Girl kind of condition us to be mean.”
Hey, it's good TV, I'm not exactly running out to sleep with my best friends boyfriend or get myself a nice coke addiction. I can see maybe for high schoolers but really that was gong on way before Gossip Girl hit the waves.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i think it's great that she is talking about the relationships you see on tv and how fake they are in a teenager's mag. if she were to say this in cosmo or something i'd be like, shut the hole, but she's targeting the right audience and sending the right message to them. good for her!

and she looks great btw