Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Vince Vaughan in Ireland



"Vince Vaughn was in Belfast, Ireland this weekend to film a documentary. Vince, 36, interviewed two Northern Ireland politicians, Sinn Fein president Gerry Adams and loyalist politician David Ervine.
Below is Vince and Gerry in front of a mural of the IRA hunger striker Kieran Doherty at Slemish Way. One onlooker said: “You know what it’s like. People see camera crews and they’re immediately intrigued. People heard he was filming on the Falls Road yesterday and then they saw him with Gerry Adams. Vince Vaughn was really friendly, really open. He talked to the locals, signed autographs and had a bit of craic with them. He seemed really interested in the murals.”
David Ervine said of the interview: “We did a spot of filming in Dee Street around a mural depicting people coming to the shipyards. I was explaining to him that years ago we would not have a mural like this because it would all have been about politics and our divisions. I told him that, for me, the mural was the epitome of the change process that is going on in Northern Ireland. The murals are changing. He was taking a break from shooting a film in London with Kevin Spacey to do this documentary and came over for this weekend. There’s no question he’s genuinely interested in the subject. He was telling me his interest was sparked on a previous visit when he took a black taxi tour from the Europa Hotel. He knew nothing about the murals before that trip. I have to say it was really interesting meeting him
."

Interesting.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't that round about where your cousin lives? I would love to meet the Vaughn man

JEWELS said...

Me too. I don't even think I could talk to him I would piss my pants. Even his manorisms make me laugh.

Anonymous said...

I hear you but wouldn't he be awesome to have as a friend..