Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Christina Get's Naked



Christina Aguiler has done the right of passage naked pregnant photoshoot. For Marie Claire though....even Britney held out for Harpers Bazaar.
She looks good though, and here's some of what she had to say:
On her pregnancy being a surprise: “We were planning on starting to try after the tour. And so, I had gone off the Pill to prepare my body, because I didn’t know how much time it would take. You’ve heard it takes some time — except with Power Egg and Super Sperm here… I’m like, Oh, my God, can you believe it just happened?”

On being pregnant during her ‘Back to Basics’ tour: “I was paranoid. There are so many things that could go wrong — somebody could slip, somebody could fall, I could fall. There was no way in hell I was going to jeopardize my baby for my show.” So she wore a well-concealed heart monitor. She didn’t want to broadcast the news. “I didn’t want to make the audience uncomfortable, like, ‘Pregnant lady onstage! Is she going to be OK?’ But I had to announce it to my band and my dancers, because I wanted to make sure they had my back.”

On her simple decision not to announce anything: “Because I hadn’t said anything, people thought I was trying to keep it this big, bad secret, and that’s not the case at all. I just wasn’t commenting. I’m not being like, ‘Hey, everybody, I’m pregnant!’ I’m not that girl.”

On the domestication of Xtina being complicated: “We’re so labeled. If you’re too sexual, you’re slutty. If you’re not sexual enough, you’re a prude. I like to put it out there as a topic of conversation. Why does it bother you? What’s your problem with it? Am I really hurting you? Let’s get to the root of it. I have more than one side of me that likes to get out on a stage and sing. Sometimes I want to be aggressive, sometimes I want to feel empowered in my sexuality and my vulnerability. I want to put all that out there.”

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

she looks slutty i think
look at the make up way to much

Anonymous said...

I think she looks pretty good - it would be nice though to see a famous pregnant woman be bold enough to do it without the make-up and the air brushing - strechmarks and all. I'd be more impressed if she did that and said it was empowering as opposed to being empowered by sexuality.

JEWELS said...

Good point Melissa, this is not what 90% of pregnant women look like. Even if they went into pregnancy looking fit.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Melissa..if you are going to do it then put yourself out there and do it properly

Anonymous said...

I think she over does herself with make up and it looks so unattractive. The first shot she looks like a hooker whos knocked up - i know harsh but hoop earrings, a faux leather jacket and your nude WTF?

Anonymous said...

If you're pregnant or ever have been then you know that this is what you look like. You don't get stretch marks except very rarely and in most cases women are back to their normal weight and muscle tone within weeks of the birth. In north america we are lead to believe that pregnancy is an excuse to allow your body to go downhill. In actual fact it's pigging out that does it, "I'm eating for two you know"....what a lame ass excuse for packin on the pounds. Try eating enough for a human instead of for all the animals on the farm!

Anonymous said...

Wow! You have major issues! I have stretchmarks and this is my second pregnancy. I eat a very balanced diet and remain active. I have gained within the recommended amount each time. I am sure some people eat more than they should, but not the majority. As for stretch marks, 90% of women get them during pregnancy. Have you ever been pregnant? You are a miserable and nasty person!